For a while now, Bruce Ratner has said the Nets will be moving in 2010. Arena critics, however, have unearthed a Ratner comment where he seems to move the date back to 2011. In June, Ratner said he hopes to "close the transaction" by the end of 2008 and "then it will be about two and a half years to build our arena". Separately, critics have filed a new suit, this time in state court, challenging condemnation proceedings.
- Ratner Comment - Forest City Enterprises Annual Meeting - Forest City Enterprises
- Bruce Ratner makes it official: AY arena would open in mid-2011 (best-case scenario) - Norman Oder - Atlantic Yards Report
- Nine Property Owners and Tenants File Atlantic Yards Eminent Domain Challenge - Develop Don't Destroy Brooklyn
- Nets Arena May Not Be Finished Until 2011, Ratner Says - Eliot Brown - New York Observer
- Landowners Bring Atlantic Yards Eminent Domain Battle to State Court - Eliot Brown - New York Observer
- It’s unconstitutional! Yards foes pull out new ace in the hole - Gersh Kuntzman - Brooklyn Paper