In addition to the rookies, Rod Thorn and Kiki Vandeweghe, Nets owner Bruce Ratner also spoke with the media on Monday. Ratner admits that his team is rebuilding, but says that the location (present, future, Jersey or Brooklyn) has nothing to do with it, and that basketball-wise, the goal is always to win. He also says, without mentioning any names, that the Nets do not want to be left out when a bevy of quality free agents become available in 2010.
- Ratner Talks Nets, 2010 - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Nets 'R' looking to future - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Nets owner Bruce Ratner says rebuilding doesn't mean losing - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
- Nets looking to be free agent force - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets owner admits team is rebuilding - Al Iannazzone - The Record