The Nets start Wednesday 12 games under .500, with a six game losing streak. Not exactly a predictor for post-season success, assuming they could even get there. Still, the team is only a half-game out of eighth place in the woeful East (if three games away from 13th). The beat writers crunch some numbers and suggest that yes, the Nets could be playing beyond April 16.
- Chances are Nets still have playoff shot - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Handicapping Nets' Race for No. 8 Spot - John Hollinger - New York Sun
- Playoffs? - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Fading Nets are true pretenders - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
- Nets' playoff hopes dicey - Peter Grad - The Record