The Nets principal owner is Bruce Ratner but the man with the purse strings is his cousin, Charles, CEO of Forest City Enterprises. FCE owns the biggest chunk of the Nets with 23% and more importantly has been funding the Nets annual losses for five years. The other Ratner Wednesday insisted that the company remains commited to Brooklyn and the Nets in spite of the economy.
- Forest City to emphasize operations rather than development - Stan Bullard - Crain's Cleveland Business
- Forest City: All New Development On Hold (Except Atlantic Yards) - Eliot Brown - New York Observer
- Atlantic Yards will go up . . . when economy does - Erin Durkin & Jotham Sederstrom - New York Daily News
- Construction for Nets gets OK - John Brennan - The Record
- Forest City Puts a Halt To New Work - Wall Street Journal