It might seem strange that the Nets would trade Jeff McInnis for a backup swingman, rather than a big. Rod Thorn said the decision was based not just on what the Nets can save--a lot of money--or what Bernard Robinson can bring--defense, energy--but also what the Nets could lose. Richard Jefferson says he feels fine now, but two weeks ago, the Nets' starting small forward was considering surgery. Thorn says the Nets continue to pursue a big man, but he has to be a quality big man.
- Nets Save About $5 Million by Trading McInnis to Bobcats - John Eligon - New York Times
- Nets get relief with McInnis trade - Al Iannazzone - YES Network
- Nets: Send McInnis to Bobcats - Eli Gelman - Star-Ledger
- Problems remain as McInnis goes - Dan Martin - New York Post
- Nets add reserve, pass off McInnis - Mitch Lawrence - New York Daily News
- Nets' fingers crossed on RJ - Al Iannazzone - The Record