Net beat writers say they have never seen Vince Carter as down as he was Monday night in Sacramento and then again Tuesday morning at shootaround. Carter knows he let the team down. More troubling, writes the Star-Ledger's Dave D'Alessandro, is that Carter "doesn’t break guys down as easily as he used to" and "always crumples like a house of cards once the second defender meets him". Lawrence Frank and Rod Thorn don't share those feelings and expect VC to rebound vs. Golden State.
- Mail's In - Dave D'Alessandro - NJ.com
- Only his next shots can relieve Carter's pain - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Line of ire - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Long night makes Nets, Vince wince - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
- Carter a bit fouled up after key misses at line - Al Iannazzone - The Record