ESPN is reporting that the Nets are close to trading never used point guard Jeff McInnis to Charlotte for little used swingman Bernard Robinson. While rumors had the Nets sending McInnis to the Bobcats for a big man, Melvin Ely, the Robinson deal would be aimed primarily at reducing the Nets' payroll...and providing the Bobcats with a backup point guard. Robinson, 6'-6", averages 2.4 ppg. He makes the league minimum. The trade would put the Nets $1 million below the luxury tax threshhold.
- Nets may have found home for McInnis in Charlotte - AP
- Bernard Robinson Player Info - NBA.com
- Nets set to deal G; Cliff back - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Bickerstaff frustrated with Robinson - NBC Sports
- Nets apparently not Ely fans - Rick Bonnell - Charlotte Observer